[pm-h] Houston.pm November meeting with brian d foy

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Nov 5 19:00:41 PDT 2011

Note that the meeting this month is on Thursday, Nov. 17, which is the
third Thursday of November. In December, we will return to our regular
schedule.

We have an unusual opportunity this month to have brian d foy talk to
the group. Many of you will recognize brian's name as the author of
several Perl books, including "Learning Perl", "Intermediate Perl",
"Mastering Perl", and "Effective Perl Programming". He also published
"The Perl Review". He has consulted and trained in Perl as a partner at
Stonehenge consulting.

Since he is only in town for a couple of days in the third week of
November we are delaying the meeting by a week. This is a chance to
hear a real expert in Perl speak, and you don't want to miss it.

Although we always request that you RSVP if you plan to be there, this
time we may be packed. Let us know as soon as possible, if you plan to
attend.

As always, we will meet in the lobby at 3131 W. Alabama between 6:40
and 7pm. At which point we will go upstairs to the meeting. If you
arrive later than that, there is a phone in the lobby area that calls
the cPanel tech support team. They can get a message to us to come get
you.

Systems develop goals of their own the instant they come into being.
                                                        -- John Gall