[pm-h] Houston.pm meetings

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Wed Feb 9 15:43:36 PST 2011

Hi Abraham,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:06:23 -0600
Abraham Baez <abaezjob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Wade,
>
> Should I conclude there wasn't enough interest in the training you
> offered for tomorrow's meeting?

Not really. It would be more reasonable to conclude that I ran out of
time to do a reasonable job of preparing for that topic. When I
proposed the idea, I thought I'd have a bit more time.

> Well, when I see the topics to be discussed in March and April I
> answer my question; Of course not, there is no interest, why? my
> peers are much more advanced in Perl, which is great since this means
> I can learn from them.

Actually, we have a number of people who have expressed interest a
different points in time for more introductory presentations.
Unfortunately, our less experienced members are not as vocal as our
more experienced ones.

(Yes, that's a challenge to those of you who would like more intro
presentations. Make yourselves heard!)

> Therefore, I look forward to the meetings in March and April.
>
> As appropriate, let others know about my interest in working for free
> (literally, no charge whatsoever) doing Perl programming along side
> experienced Perl programmers that would help me mature in Perl while
> I help them in their Perl project(s).

You've just done that.

> For your information, I do not plan to attend the social tomorrow,
> since the meeting place is a long way from where I live.

Sorry to hear that.

> By the way, for the meeting in March, may I have the address of
> meeting place including zip code?

Our technical meetings are usually held at 3131 W. Alabama, 77098.

Looking forward to seeing you at the meetings.
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
                                  -- "By the Sword", Mercedes Lackey