[pm-h] September Houston.pm Meeting: An Intro to the Qore Language for Perl Programmers

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Aug 28 16:35:09 PDT 2011

Our next Houston.pm technical meeting will be a week from Thursday on
September 8 at 7pm. As usual, the meeting will be at 3131 W. Alabama
St. See the website (http://houston.pm.org/meetings.html) for a map.

Brett Estrade has volunteered to make a quick presentation on the Qore
language.

The basics of the Qore language will be introduced from the perspective
of a Perl programmer, include basic data structures, object oriented
capabilities, and multi-threading. Ideas for future talks regarding
Qore, Perl threading/asynchronicity, and using Qore with Perl will be
discussed by all.

Since Brett believes this will be a short presentation, we'll also take
the opportunity to try to do lightning talks afterward. If you have a
quick subject you are willing to discuss for up to 5 minutes, let me
know. Tell us what you are working on. Tell us about a module you like.
Tell us about a module you don't like. As long as it's short, any topic
can work.

We'll try to squeeze in as many talks as we can.

As usual, I will be in the lobby on the parking garage level between
6:40 and 7pm collecting people to go to the meeting.

If you are planning on going, please let me know ahead of time so I can
get a head count for food.

I look forward to seeing you there.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one
works. -- Alan Perlis