[pm-h] Problem Communicating with PayPal

Fraser Baker flbaker at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 13 08:45:58 PDT 2011

Hi Y'all:

Wish I had brought up this issue at the last meeting.

I am accepting payment via PayPal. When payment is received, PayPal sends a response (IPN) to me which I use to initialize a new client's account. PayPal expects a successful result, otherwise PayPal keeps sending the IPN, which I can't have.

So, how do I execute the Perl code that initializes the account and then closes properly, sending a successful execution?

I have used a .pl without any response ... not good. Works but PayPal keeps sending the IPN.
I have used a .cgi that opens and closes an empty window. Somehow this screws up the initialization but PayPal is happy with that.

And there could be something else going on that I am totally unaware of.

Any comments?

Fraser