[pm-h] Potential upcoming meetings

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Jun 27 09:45:01 PDT 2010

A few of us were talking about planning out a few months in advance on
the meeting schedule and came up with a potential list. Unfortunately,
in the prep for YAPC::NA, I missed sending our ideas. So, here they are:

July      - The Musical Instrument Known as Perl, Erin Schoenhals
August    - Perl for non-programmers, G. Wade Johnson
September - Black Lab, social meeting/hands-on
October   - Real hands-on workshop, lead by Todd Rinaldo

The idea of the "hands-on" workshop is more of a mini-hackathon. People
can bring in projects they are working on where they need some help and
others can provide input and maybe some coding.

This is particularly helpful if you are stuck on a problem, or have a
set of code you would like help on testing, or even code that you would
like to put on CPAN and are not sure how. The group includes a number
of people with a range of experience that you could tap.

This is a tentative schedule, so respond to the list if you like the
ideas (or hate them) or would like to see something else happen.

Remember to speak up, if you have an opinion. This is your group, too,
and speaking up is one way to help make sure the meetings interest you.

The single most important rule of testing is to do it.
      -- Brian Kernighan and Rob Pike, "The Practice of Programming"