[pm-h] Proposition for July meeting presentation

Will Willis will.willis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:16:18 PDT 2010

Sounds very interesting. This gets my vote for july's topic.

Will

On Jun 11, 2010 11:27 AM, "Erin Schoenhals" <erin at morderwerk.de> wrote:

Hello, all!

First of all, I'd like to thank Wade for his interesting presentation on
SVG--An eye-opening view on an interesting and surprisingly powerful
standard that's been sitting right beneath our noses all this time.

Anyhow.  I would like to propose a presentation where I demonstrate the use
of the Perl runtime as a musical instrument, providing example uses of the
MIDI wire protocol for performance control, PCM sample synthesis and
additive mixing, and an asynchronous event loop to tie it all together in
realtime.  If I were to give the presentation an official title, I would
like to call it:

The Musical Instrument Known as Perl
- or -
Use of Perl in MIDI Performance Control and Sound Synthesis

Thoughts?