[pm-h] Can't Move to Linux

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Feb 26 05:36:28 PST 2010

Congratulations on making the transition.<grin/>

After bouncing around different distributions for years, I got a laptop
a few years ago with Ubuntu on it. It worked so well, I decided to
upgrade my desktop (>5.5 years old) and Ubuntu worked well there too.

Although most of the distributions are heading this way, I've really
been impressed with Ubuntu's ability to figure out the hardware and get
the right drivers set up.

Looking at your setup again, I suspect the issue is memory. Since most
of the systems have gone graphical in everything (including
installation), they might need more than 128K of RAM. I assume I'm not
misreading that. (It's early.)

G. Wade

--
Results are what you wanted, consequences are what you got.
                                                 -- Michael VanDusen