[pm-h] September Houston.pm Meeting

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Mon Aug 30 20:16:35 PDT 2010

This month's meeting is a return to basics: Making the Computer Work
for You (or Programming for Non-Programmers).

We've had a number of requests for some more entry-level presentations,
and this month we'll oblige. The general plan will be to show you
enough Perl to solve some basic problems, as well as walk you through
what you need to learn more. The goal is for junior programmers to know
enough to automate simple tasks and understand how to extend this idea.

More senior programmers might benefit from the reminder to automate
simple jobs (it's somewhat easy to forget little programs when you work
on massive, mission-critical stuff all day). As always, input and
alternate views will be welcome.

As usual for our technical meetings, we will meet at 3131 W. Alabama St
in the lobby on the second level where you park. Please RSVP to me or
the list ASAP, so we can get a head-count for food.

I look forward to seeing you there.
As a software development model, Anarchy does not scale well.
                                                       -- Dave Welch