[pm-h] Upcoming Technical Meetings

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Tue Sep 8 19:50:53 PDT 2009

At the social meeting tonight, we discussed ways to bring some interest
back to the technical meetings. Based on an idea that worked
successfully in another programming group, we'd like to try a book
review sort of approach.

In the previous group, different people would volunteer to take a
particular chapter or section of the book we had agreed on. That person
would research their section and make a presentation to help the group
understand the subject.

We'd like to try something similar. Potential books to cover include:

 * Higher-Order Perl
 * Perl Testing: A Developer's Notebook
 * The new Catalyst book

General Programming:

 * Pragmatic Programmer
 * Code Complete

Feel free to suggest other books that we could cover. Depending on
interest, we'll select one book to start with and start soliciting
volunteers for the chapters.

This is actually a great way to start presenting if you have never been
comfortable with the idea before.

This will also give us an opportunity to plan meetings more than a
couple of weeks in advance.

"No Boom today. Boom tomorrow, There's always a boom tomorrow."
                                                 -- Ivanova, "Grail"