[pm-h] Intro Perl Topics?

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Thu Nov 5 16:57:12 PST 2009

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:13:59 -0600
Todd Rinaldo <toddr at null.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:43 AM, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:21:38 -0600
> > Will Willis <will.willis at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I just happen to be preparing an intro to perl presentation for my
> >> coworkers.
> >>
> >>  I'd be glad to present at the next meeting. Would that be January?
> >
> > The next technical meeting is in January (Jan. 12). If you are
> > interested, I'll put you down for that day.
> >

> Some of our technical meetings have space on the tail end of them. We
> have enough people with experience at these that we could do break
> outs after the meeting and give help. What I'd like to know is who can
> attend that's looking to learn perl?

One great way to learn any language is to work through a project or task
that you would like to do in the language.

Unfortunately, deciding how big a task to bite off can be hard.

If you are looking to learn Perl and have a task in mind, maybe we
could work through solving it either on the list or at a meeting (or
both).

Anyone have a problem in Perl that could use a little help?

"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated
rate."                             -- Ivanova, "Points of Departure"