[pm-h] Intro Perl Topics?

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Thu Nov 5 04:48:36 PST 2009

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 00:23:29 -0600
"Russell L. Harris" <rlharris at oplink.net> wrote:

> Will Willis wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org
> >     Would anyone be interested in intro-level Perl presentations,
> > or "Perl tips and tricks"-type presentations?
>
> I am interested.
>
> A couple of years ago, Perl enabled me to undertake an involved and
> otherwise-prohibitive transformation in the formatting of a large
> number of documents.  Of course, the trade-off was many hours spent
> in learning Perl (from "square one") versus the countless hours which
> would have been required in tedious and error-prone manual labour and
> proofreading.
>
> Now I need to do something similar, but I haven't touched Perl since
> the previous project.  I dread all the study which is going to be
> necessary, but without Perl I could not hope to undertake the project.
>
> So a refresher would be welcome.

Remember that this mailing list is a good resource for answering any
questions you might have. We also have the IRC channel we set up for
the remote meetings at irc.perl.org/houston.pm.

I also find the Perl Monastery (perlmonks.org) to be a great resource
of knowledgeable Perl programmers.

In the longer term, it sounds like there may be more interest that I
had previously thought.

Understanding is a three-edged sword.       -- Kosh in "Deathwalker"