[pm-h] Intro Perl Topics?

Russell L. Harris rlharris at oplink.net
Wed Nov 4 22:23:29 PST 2009

Will Willis wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org
>     Would anyone be interested in intro-level Perl presentations, or "Perl
>     tips and tricks"-type presentations?

I am interested.

A couple of years ago, Perl enabled me to undertake an involved and
otherwise-prohibitive transformation in the formatting of a large number
of documents.  Of course, the trade-off was many hours spent in learning
Perl (from "square one") versus the countless hours which would have
been required in tedious and error-prone manual labour and proofreading.

Now I need to do something similar, but I haven't touched Perl since the
previous project.  I dread all the study which is going to be necessary,
but without Perl I could not hope to undertake the project.

So a refresher would be welcome.

RLH