[pm-h] cPanel Looking For Perl Developers

Keelie Lewis keelie at cpanel.net
Thu Jul 16 09:56:05 PDT 2009

Greetings,

	I work for cPanel and wanted to share the current job openings we
have, please feel free to pass this along and if you have any inquires
please send me an email : keelie at cpanel.net.

For more information here is cPanel's website : http://www.cpanel.net/

Thanks a bunch,
Keelie Lewis
keelie at cpanel.net

Perl Application Developer:

cPanel is currently looking for experienced Perl developers to further
enhance our current software offerings. This position will focus on
our cPanel and WebHost Manager web based hosting automation product.

Qualifications:

     * US work eligibility
     * Perl programming experience
           o Regular expressions
           o Object oriented design
           o Multi-tiered application development
     * Familiarity with rpm based *nix distributions (RedHat, Fedora,
CentOS, etc)
     * Familiarity with ports based Operating Systems (FreeBSD)
     * Familiarity with:
           o Apache
           o BIND
           o Exim
           o MySQL
           o OpenSSL
           o PostgreSQL
           o PureFTPd

Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following:

     * Successful development record within open source projects
     * Contributions to CPAN

Job Duties:

     * Creating new code for cPanel products
     * Updating and refactoring current product code
     * Solving problems through programming
     * Coordinating with management and other departments to share
knowledge

Benefits:

     * Full Health, Vision and Dental coverage
     * Flexible Spending Account
     * Free on-site lunch
     * Paid Vacation
     * Flexible Scheduling
     * Tuition Reimbursement
     * Casual Working Environment
     * 401K Matching

Internal Systems Developer :

cPanel is currently seeking an exceptional Internal Systems Developer
to join our Linux Development Department.

Qualifications:

     * US work eligibility
     * Highly detail oriented
     * Strong written communication skills including the ability to
document complex processes and systems
     * Strong working knowledge of Linux and FreeBSD operating
systems, their underlying components and hosting related services such
as:
           o Web Servers (Apache, Tux, Lighttpd, etc)
           o Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail, etc.)
           o DNS Servers (BIND, NSD, etc.)
     * Understanding of Linux Filesystems and volume management
     * Strong working knowledge of SQL syntax and usage
     * Strong working knowledge of MySQL database administration,
including database replication
     * Working knowledge of relational database design
     * Advanced knowledge of Perl including:
           o CGI application development
           o Working knowledge of DBI for Perl
           o Familiarity with Perl best practices
           o Deployment of CPAN modules within a production environment
     * Three years of Linux and FreeBSD system troubleshooting or
related certification (RHCE) and two years of Perl development
experience

Job Duties:

     * Creates new code for cPanel products and internal systems used
to support, distribute or maintain those products.
     * Refactors existing code to perform more optimally in the same
situations or to work within new constraints.
     * Configures and tunes existing services to improve performance
and reliability.
     * Contributes knowledge from your analysis to company databases.
     * Assists other employees with their analysis of external and
internal systems.
     * Adheres to the policies and procedures of the cPanel companies.
     * Adheres to coding and development standards and practices
provided by cPanel.
     * Prepares ad hoc reports for management and company executives.
     * Other duties as assigned