[pm-h] Virtual Meeting attempt

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Thu Jul 9 18:46:52 PDT 2009

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 21:01:19 -0400
Brad Oaks <bradoaks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Mike Flannigan<mikeflan at att.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Mike Flannigan wrote:
> >>
> >> I wonder how many people can be added
> >> to a regular duplex phone system conference
> >> call?  AT&T conference calling is out since
> >> it costs 10¢ per minute, per connection.
> >>
> >> I'll check on the limit on our phone system
> >> at work.
> >>

> >> Mike
> >
> > I was told today that our work phones conference a
> > maximum of 3 people only (including the caller). If
> > we need more than that, we use an AT&T
> > conferencing account.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Unless you really need a local number,
> http://www.freeconferencecall.com/ is free and fairly consistent.
>
> With cell phones and some home phones including free long distance
> nowadays, the non-local number may not be an impediment.
>
> Raleigh.pm hasn't done a remote meetings (yet).  The company I work
> for uses this service all the time.

Another member had suggested freeconferencecall.com, but I didn't
pursue it too far, because of the long-distance number issue.

I guess I should ask: would people be willing to use a long-distance
number for the audio portion (at least for this experiment), or would
a long distance call stop you from joining us?

The user's going to pick dancing pigs over security every time.
                                                   -- Bruce Schneier