[pm-h] can we find one student for GSoC 2009?

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Tue Jan 20 05:05:54 PST 2009

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:55:05 -0600
"Todd Rinaldo" <toddr at null.net> wrote:

> I don't know any College students. How do you think we should proceed?

Since we have around 80 people on the list, there's a reasonable chance
that one of them is a student or has contact at one of the universities
in town.

Anyone out there have any connection with one (or more) of the
Universities here in Houston? Not asking for volunteers at this point,
just contacts.

If we can get a contact, maybe we can set up some kind of meeting or
workshop where we can talk to students and let them know about the
GSoC. Some would probably jump at the chance to get real-world
experience and a stipend for some a summer of coding.

G. Wade

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to have a few volunteers for our student outreach
> > program. If you know a likely candidate or have the time to do a
> > campus visit, please step forward.  Let's help make this happen:
> >
> >  http://leto.net/dukeleto.pl/2009/01/perl-monger-parallelism.html
> >
> > (Please feel free to contact me off-list if you or someone you know
> > would like to volunteer.)
> >
> > By reading this message, you agree to allow yourself to be
> > volunteered for this task by one of your fellow members.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > G. Wade

Understanding is a three-edged sword.       -- Kosh in "Deathwalker"