[pm-h] Houston Digest, Vol 50, Issue 5

Evan Kaufman evan.kaufman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:08:19 PST 2009

At work (on a mac) I use Textmate.  My favorite features:
- Opening a directory or group of files at once groups them into a
"drawer" that I can easily shuffle through, without actually keeping
all of said files open
- Small footprint, responsive UI
- Excellent syntax highlighting
- Bundles provide quick code completion templates

At home (on windows) I use Notepad++ primarily:
- Small footprint, responsive UI
- Good syntax highlighting

I also use Eclipse for certain languages like Flex (because of
FlexBuilder) and my recent foray into the Android SDK (because of
integration with the Android emulator).

Honestly, the best editor feature IMHO is Textmate's drawers, and I
would love to find a Windows/Linux equivalent to it.