[pm-h] Programmer Editors (was 'January Meeting')

Michael Dickens cmdickens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:09:29 PST 2009

I use vim since my all work is telnet into a Linux box.

I use Crimson editor on my Windows work desktop with ActivePerl
installed. I like the feature of executing my script and seeing the
results in the same window at the bottom. I only use Crimson editor to
check the results of short Perl code snippets.

Michael

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:54 AM, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 23:11:50 -0600
> "Todd Rinaldo" <toddr at null.net> wrote:
>
>> > One of the reasons I asked this question is to get us to talk about
>> > what makes this tool most useful to us. For instance, why does Todd
>> > feel that an IDE helps him program better and I don't. I would be
>> > that neither of us is wrong. Understanding different tools and how
>> > others work should make us better programmers.
>> Amen. My thoughts exactly.
>>
>> I think we have a topic. What do you guys think?
>
> It sure looks that way.
>
> I can do the vim portion.
> Todd, will you cover Eclipse for us?
> Maybe we can get Will or Robert to do a recap of emacs?
> Anyone else want to jump in on another editor? (or take over one of
> these?)
>
> G. Wade
> --
> Many people would sooner die than think. In fact, they do.
>                                                 -- Bertrand Russell

easy as Perl