[pm-h] Programmer Editors (was 'January Meeting')

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Jan 4 11:15:57 PST 2009

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:27:36 -0600
"Todd Rinaldo" <toddr at null.net> wrote:

> > Of course, we could always do a meeting on editors.<grin
> > type="evil"/>
> >
> > * Why do you use Eclipse/epic?
> > * Any particularly powerful/useful features that make your Perl
> >  development easier?
> >
> > Maybe everyone could bring a couple of cool tricks for their
> > favorite editor.

Quick survey for everyone on the list.

What editor do you use for Perl (or any) programming?

1. vi (or variants)
2. emacs (or variants)
3. Eclipse
4. Komodo
5. Visual Studio
6. Notepad
7. TextMate
8. others?

Let us know what editor you use and the feature that you think makes it
a good choice for you.

"Very sad life. Probably also have sad death. But at least there is
symmetry."                                                -- Zathras