[pm-h] Potential SVG Hackathon

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Feb 8 15:35:34 PST 2009

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:57:03 -0600
Evan Kaufman <evan.kaufman at gmail.com> wrote:

> That would actually be *very* interesting, since I've wanted to learn
> more about the format but haven't had an excuse to dive into it.

One of the things I like best is the ease with which you can generate
good graphics from code (say, Perl for instance). Perl doesn't have a
display system for SVG, but you can always use a browser for that.

As I mentioned in the other post, there are several places to get
further information and even more for examples of SVG in action.

Depending on the level of interest (and level of knowledge), we could
probably do some kind of introduction to the format and look into
project that might benefit from some extra help hacking or testing.

G. Wade

--
As a software development model, Anarchy does not scale well.
                                                       -- Dave Welch