[pm-h] August Meeting next week

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Thu Aug 6 21:05:35 PDT 2009

I've spent time this week testing out the Dimdim on-line meeting
service, and so far, I'm impressed. I've run several 2-machine tests
and found the following:

1. Whiteboard - simple drawings and text, editable by all
2. Documents - share PPT, PDF, and PPTX (whatever that is).
3. URLs
4. Public and private chat is supported
5. Screen sharing requires a download (does not work on Linux, didn't
try on Mac).
6. VoIP support through Dimdim.
7. Webcam support

All of this (except the screen sharing) works with only a browser and
flash. No extra programs needed. Only the meeting organizer really
needs to have a Dimdim account.

I'm going to set up our remote meeting next Tuesday through
www.dimdim.com. If you have any interest in the remote meeting
technology itself, feel free to join the meeting for a while to see how
things work.

I will attempt to send an invitation to the list this weekend that
should allow everyone access.

Many thanks go to Jeff Moore, who introduced me to this site.
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to
make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the
deficiencies. -- C. A. R. Hoare