[pm-h] Meeting locations, topics, etc.

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Tue Oct 7 19:59:39 PDT 2008

It's about time that we brought up the subject of meeting topics,
meeting location, and social vs. technical meetings.

The meeting topics have been pretty informal and driven by a small
number of us, recently. Does anyone have any topics they would like to
present or hear about? Remember, the group is only as good as its
members and we are always looking what would help the members.

Does anyone have a different idea for location? Would some other
location work better for you? Do you know of some place that would be
willing to donate a meeting space?

Although we've appreciated Todd's efforts and JPMC's willingness to let
us use their space, it's worth considering whether another location
would be better for the members.

We haven't had a social meeting in a while. Would anyone be interested
in a social meeting?

Would a different time or day work better for people?

We don't have to change everything (or anything, really), but I thought
it is about time to reconsider these issues. Sometimes a little change
is all that's needed to bring some new topics and participation in the
group.

Let the group know what you think. (Or, email me directly if you would
prefer to post off the list.)

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Controlling complexity is the essence of computer programming
                                                  -- Brian Kernighan