[pm-h] turn off perl mode in emacs

Russell L. Harris rlharris at oplink.net
Wed May 7 17:51:23 PDT 2008

* Will Willis <will.willis at gmail.com> [080507 19:21]:
> If you cant find a .emacs (or .xemacs, if that's the case) then create
> it in your home directory. Then add this line:
>
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.pl\\'" . latex-mode))
>
> and files (and new buffers) opened with a .pl extension will open in latex-mode.

Many thanks, Will.  What a relief it is to be back in LaTeX mode
automatically when loading a Perl script!  Perhaps I would come to
appreciate Emacs perl mode if I used Perl on a daily basis, but my
daily routine revolves around LaTeX.

Now if only I could find a way within xkb to disable the numeric-lock
key -- truly "the key from Hell" if there ever was one.  I use the
numeric pad to move the cursor, so I hit the numeric lock key
inadvertently a dozen or so times a day.  But it appears as if epoxy
is the only immediate solution.

RLH