[pm-h] turn off perl mode in emacs

Russell L. Harris rlharris at oplink.net
Wed May 7 11:05:37 PDT 2008

I would like to prevent XEmacs from entering CPerl mode (or any other
perl mode) whenever a perl script is loaded.

I normally use XEmacs in LaTeX mode, and I find a hindrance the
"assistance" and "automation" which CPerl mode attempts to impose.

Regrettably, I have not yet been able to figure out how to prevent
automatic entry of CPerl mode when a perl script is loaded.

It is possible to change the mode once a file is loaded, but this is a
bother.  Perhaps a reasonable fix is to bind the command "M-x
latex-mode" to a function key, so that the mode can be changed with a
single keystroke.

RLH