[pm-h] May meeting

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Thu May 1 05:27:07 PDT 2008

I've been spending the last few days writing Excel files
with Win32::OLE.  It's tricky due to referencing.  I
really just stumbled into the solution last night.  I
thought I was using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel, but
discover I can comment that use line out and it still
works.

It's reasonably fast - prints a total of 23,000 rows
into 5 different Excel files in about 15 seconds.

One thing that I can't get to work no matter what I do
is setting column width
$sheet->set_column('A:A', 24);
or
$sheet->set_column(0, 0, 24);

No errors - just doesn't do the job.  I understand
Autofit is impossible to.  I'd also like to
switch to another worksheet and save the file while
in that worksheet.  I'm still working on this stuff.

Yeah, this isn't really true Perl, but maybe some other
people will find it interesting.

No - I'm not qualified to teach it :-)

Mike