[pm-h] Houston Digest, Vol 40, Issue 2

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Mar 8 06:10:43 PST 2008

Forwarded from Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at att.net>, who appears to be
having technical difficulties.

I use Par.  Not very often because I often don't need it.  And when
I do need it it only works about 50% of the time.  Even with
fairly simple scripts it often has problems.

I can't find my notes about what happened last time I used it. On some
machines it worked fine, but on others it gave some
screwy error.  If you are brave enough to run an executable
from somebody else, here is the file:
http://www.mflan.com/wof.exe
It runs for me (Win2000), but not for many other people.

Don't flame me to bad about the code.  I wrote it pretty
quickly and didn't iron it out too much.  It will write a small
text file to c: ( root, if I remember correctly).

Mike