[pm-h] Fw: [pm_groups] Summer of Code -- volunteers needed

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Mar 2 06:24:13 PST 2008

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 19:03:41 -0800
From: Eric Wilhelm <scratchcomputing at gmail.com>
To: pm_groups at pm.org
Subject: [pm_groups] Summer of Code -- volunteers needed

Hi all,

Volunteer pledge drive!  Please forward this to your local PM groups.

TPF needs volunteers to make summer of code happen this year.  It
sounds like the administrators got stretched too thin in 2005 and 2006,
and we really didn't have ourselves together in 2007.  So, I'm
proposing a departmental structure under a TPF umbrella, which will
localize the cat-herding effects within various large projects (so far,
parrot and Catalyst appear to be on board with this.)  I would like to
demonstrate that we have our act together this year, so we need to get
a solid pool of administrative volunteers and mentors together before
the 8th.

Administrative needs:

  (Contact ewilhelm at cpan.org or join #soc on irc.perl.org.)

  * backup administrator (reduce the bus number)

  * Department heads for p5p, "modules", etc

  * Suggestions about department structure

Mentors and project ideas needed:

We need to get these pages populated before March 8th or it is quite
likely to be a no-go.

Potential mentors, please add yourselves and your project ideas here:

  http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?gsoc2008_mentors
  http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?gsoc2008_projects

If you hate wikis as much as I do, please visit this handy form and I
will batch the wiki edits on your behalf.

  http://scratchcomputing.com/loveperlhatewiki.html

Thanks,
Eric
--
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.
--Quarry worker's creed
Request pm.org Technical Support via support at pm.org

pm_groups mailing list
pm_groups at pm.org

DON'T PANIC! I'm a trained professional, and far more qualified to
panic in this situation than you are.