[pm-h] Strawberry Perl installation

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Tue Jan 8 07:31:19 PST 2008

> It's been 6 months since I installed SP, but SP definitely does not
> have
> all the modules.

Strawberry Perl has just been released with Perl 5.10.0.  I'm not sure
what you mean by "all the modules", since there are 14,000 modules on
CPAN.

> You seem to be implying that it's bad, though, that it does have all
> the
> modules. I'm curious to know why you feel this way if I'm reading your
> comment right.

ActiveState's PPM module system relies on ActiveState packaging up the
module for you.  Strawberry Perl provides all the tools for you so
that you can do your own module building.

> I would love the link to the perlbuzz article if you have it.

It's the first story on the page.

xoxo,
Andy

--