[pm-h] January Meeting

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Jan 4 17:42:16 PST 2008

Sorry, I'm still running behind.

We will be having a technical meeting next Tuesday (01/08) at the
1111 Fannin location. (See the website
http://houston.pm.org/meetings.html  for directions.)

Todd Rinaldo will be leading the kickoff for a new project for the
group: A Jabber Bot. He already has code in place and mostly needs help
on ideas, design, coding, and testing. Hopefully, this will be an
easier project for many people to work on, than our last attempt.

The project will be a good way to learn about the Jabber protocol,
learn about building and working on CPAN modules, and general Perl
stuff.

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to update the website with all that
went on over the holidays. Hopefully, I'll get a chance soon.

$HOME is where your dotfiles are.                       -- Gym Quirk