[pm-h] April Meeting

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Apr 4 09:43:44 PDT 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:54:49 -0500
todd.e.rinaldo at jpmorgan.com wrote:

> Wade,
>
> You're reading my mind now. I was just thinking the other day that
> just a round table of "this is the problem I'm trying to solve" could
> potentially be very helpful. Perhaps the problem is algorithmic, not
> perl. I think this would be fine. The point is to get ideas from
> others about how to approach a problem you might be having issues
> with.
>
> I'm also very up for a POE demo since this sounds like potentially a
> very unique concept on how to solve problems, but I defer to Robert
> on when it's ready for drive time.  No rush.
>
> I vote for item 1 and then pick up robert's talk next month.

Opening the idea up further to include algorithmic and design questions
sounds like a really good idea. Sometimes it's handy to get other
viewpoints on a design, even if you don't use them.

So the real questions is ... are we going to have people come to show
problems, ask questions, and otherwise take advantage of the collected
knowledge of the group?

Shout out if you're interested.

G. Wade

--
Results are what you wanted, consequences are what you got.
                                                 -- Michael VanDusen