[pm-h] April Meeting

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 07:31:42 PDT 2007

On 3/10/07, G. Wade Johnson <gwadej at anomaly.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:05:43 -0600
> "Todd Rinaldo" <toddr at null.net> wrote:
>
> > It does occur to me that most of the people attending our meetings
> > seem to be highly skilled. Maybe we could try a mini-hackathon if
> > anyone was interested. This would have to be RSVP to work. Maybe we
> > could extend the hours and make it a longer meeting? Start earlier?
> > If this'll work for you guys, then I networking and the room can be
> > provided.
>
> We've talked about projects in the past, and even trying to help out
> the Perl community. But, maybe a hackathon would be more successful.

I think the mini-hackathon idea is GREAT!  Of course, I won't be able to
make it (seeing as how I'm now about 7 hours away vs. only 2), but I think
the idea is great.  It would also give someone "organizing" it some great
exposure to possibly organizing one immediately after this year's YAPC ;-)
*wink wink*.  Last year's post-yapc hackathon was fairly small (I believe)
as compared to Chicago's full blown hackathon later that year.  If there's
any interest on that front, let me know.

Jeremy