[pm-h] perl application: I'm in over my head

Russell L. Harris rlharris at oplink.net
Wed Feb 7 15:20:30 PST 2007

* Will Willis <will.willis at gmail.com> [070207 15:07]:
> For online perl documentation, including information on splice(),
> visit this website,  http://perldoc.perl.org/
>
> Documentation may also be on your computer, try `perldoc perldoc` to
> get your feet wet then take a look at `perldoc perlfunc` and look for
> splice.

Thanks, Will.  I'm running Debian Etch.  'perldoc perldoc' and
'perldoc perlfunc' work fine, as does 'perldoc -f splice', so that
takes away the urgency for a trip to the bookstore (though I still
intend to obtain a copy of the fourth edition of "Learning Perl";
there's hardly anything better than an O'Reilly book).

Is there an easy way to send the perldoc output to the printer so that
the pages are properly formatted -- something similar to the way
formatted man pages may be printed with:

    man -t perldoc | lpr

I tried

    perldoc -t perldoc | lpr

but there is no formatting.  I work much better with a piece of paper
on the desk, rather than reading from the screen.

RLH