[pm-h] Meeting location

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Oct 22 09:10:55 PDT 2006

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:18:14 -0500
"Todd Rinaldo" <toddr at null.net> wrote:

> Another possibility is 1111 Fannin downtown. It'll be in the basement,
> easily accessible from the lobby. I would vote for 5:30/6:00-ish. I
> think after 6:00 you can park in the streets so parking shouldn't be
> a problem. The room should have projector/internet. I'm 99% certain I
> can get a room for the next meeting. I just have to have a agreed
> upon date so I can call and book it. Are we talking the 7th or 14th?

If we keep the current date, it would be the 14th.

> I haven't seen any comments on the time of week yet. I have no issue
> with the current meeting dates, but I'm not clear what the rule set
> for determining which Tuesday. Sometimes it's the first and sometimes
> the second Tuesday.

It's actually always the second Tuesday of the month, which gives us a
day between the 8th and the 14th.

> PS: I'm equally fine with the HCC location. I'm against the Clear
> lake idea. I would suggest that Clearlake is equivalent to suggesting
> a location in Katy or the Woodlands. They're almost separate cities,
> and therefore separate groups?

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Another alternative, if
we could get the on-line meeting thing going would be for Clear Lake or
Katy or where ever to have kind of a "satellite meeting location" and
let us connect the locations with something like NetMeeting or
GnomeMeeting. This does require that all locations have Internet access.
That may limit possible venues.

This may be something we could work on for a later meeting if we can
get people from at least two of the groups to attempt to test out the
idea.

"No Boom today. Boom tomorrow, There's always a boom tomorrow."
                                                 -- Ivanova, "Grail"