[pm-h] Meeting location

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Oct 21 14:20:13 PDT 2006

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 15:14:38 -0500
"Ben M. Thomas" <ben at cpanel.net> wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2006, at 1:53 PM, G. Wade Johnson wrote:
>
> > To summarize the results we've gotten so far on the potential
> > meeting location change:
> >
> >   * Two people have voted for UH Clear Lake
> >   * One person has voted for HCC on the West Loop
> >   * One vote for UH main campus
> >
> > Does this mean that everyone else is happy with the current
> > location?
>
> I think they're really two separate issues. One being
> dissatisfaction with the current location, and the other being
> suitable alternatives. I'm new to the group, but HAL-PC is wanting in
> my opinion.

You're right, of course.

Rather than keeping quiet, people could speak up to let the group know
if they have any other idea for a location. More information about
where people might be coming from or might be willing to go would help
in trying to identify a potential new site.

> My vote is for HCC West Loop, however the chosen location should be
> given to the location which garners the most attendees.

That makes two.<grin/>

> HCC West Loop not significantly far from the current location and
> easily accessible from 610. However, I'm willing to attend
> regardless of location.
>
> BTW, I will be able to provide a LCD projector for the meetings.

That would be great. Having a projector could open up other potential
locations.

Thanks, Ben.

Anyone else have any input?

definition, not smart enough to debug it.      -- Brian W. Kernighan