[pm-h] Houston Digest, Vol 23, Issue 6

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Mon Oct 16 17:03:41 PDT 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:54:58 -0500
"Haufler, Wayne A" <Wayne.A.Haufler at boeing.com> wrote:

> > On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:23:04 -0500
> >Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> >> I vote for U of H, Clear Lake.
> >> That would be convenient for me  :-)
>
> > <grin>Can you get us a location?</grin>
>
> > At this point, I'd like to see any possibilities on the table.
>
> >G. Wade
>
> As a Clear Laker working on a NASA contract,
> I can't help but pipe in "I second that"!  UH/CL
> But I'm not very familiar with the facility.

One of the problems we've had with locations is the fact that we are
spread out from Clear Lake, to the Woodlands, to Katy, to Sugar Land,
as well as downtown and the Texas Medical Center.

> Actually, the Clear Lake HAL-PC facility is
> pretty good, but may have the same problem
> as HAL-PC central.
>
> I imagine we Clear Lakers are in the minority.
> If not centrally located, a location closer
> to a freeway would probably be better for most.

My wife has just gotten some information about a community center that
is just off the Sam Houston Tollway. This might actually be more
convenient than HAL-PC for people who aren't in the middle of town.

http://www.pct3.hctx.net/ccTracyGee/

> How about UH main campus, University Center?
> What about the chosen (yet?) location for the
> 2007 YAPC event?  Not free?

My memories of my last time at UH main campus was some difficulty
getting to campus in the evenings.

> Advantage would be to allow getting familiar
> with the facility and contacts well before
> the event, and as the event gets nearer,
> would make it easier for the group to prepare
> the site for the YAPC event, perhaps during
> meetings.

I'll check with Jeremy to find out who are contacts are at UH.

Results are what you wanted, consequences are what you got.
                                                 -- Michael VanDusen