[pm-h] Wiki Alternatives

Will Willis will.willis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 19:08:31 PST 2006

On 11/17/06, Todd Rinaldo <toddr at null.net> wrote:
> So I'm going to start by apologizing in advance if I'm inserting foot in
> mouth.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Who currently hosts the wiki and owns the domain (or, who's feet have I
> just stepped on?)

As was mentioned earlier, I registered and host the domain.

> 2. Does anyone have any objections to moving in this direction?

I'm open to using the most efficient platform we can to organize yapc.
I had no previous experience with any Perl based wikis so I went to
#Perl for suggestions. Randal Schwartz was the only one to respond
with a suggestion, and that was the wiki I installed.

After a few days I realized that it probably wasn't the best choice,
but having set the ball in motion I didn't want to slow things down by
migrating to a different solution.

I may have the resources available to have the site hosted (I can find
out by Monday), but if socialtext would be willing to host the site in
exchange for some free promotion that sounds like a win too.

> 3. I would like to volunteer to help by maintaining the wiki/web content as
> we move towards the confrence. Any objections Jeremy?

As Jeremy mentioned, the *official* site will be hosted by TPF, I
liked his idea of pointing yapchouston.org to the TPF site and have
wiki.yapchouston.org be used as an organization tool for those of us
involved in organization.

And no worries, no feet were stepped on =) not mine anyway.

-Will