[pm-h] Wiki Alternatives

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 17 07:06:40 PST 2006

G. Wade Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 06:55:40 -0600
> "Todd Rinaldo" <toddr at null.net> wrote:
>
> > Social text is a perl based wiki that is open source. It's got all
the
> > multi-user and priveliges, etc built into it. From what I hear it's
> > designed to have both a non-technical and techy editor to make it
> > easy to use by all. What's better... They offer hosting.
> >
> > I have sent an initial ping to them asking if they'd be interested
in
> > hosting http://yapchouston.org/ in exchange for some plugs both on
> > the wiki and maybe at the confrence.

If we go this route, I know that Andy Lester is a contact for trying to
get it hosted.  Also, they were a sponsor for this year's YAPC in
Chicago.

> > 3. I would like to volunteer to help by maintaining the wiki/web
> > content as we move towards the confrence. Any objections Jeremy?

This year, TPF is going with using ACT (A Conference Toolkit -
http://act.mongueurs.net/) for the yapc site.  YAPC::EU is using it
http://vienna.yapceurope.org (and several others have used it in the
past).  I'll send you the information about it and let you know what is
needed to get access to it.

> Will Willis bought the domain and set up the Wiki.
>
> So he would have the final say on what happens with yapchouston.org.

Either way it goes, are we able to point wiki.yapchouston.org to one
place and www.yapchouston.org to another?  It would be good to point the
ACT site (A Conference Toolkit) to www.yapchouson.org once we get it
setup.

220 days until YAPC::NA 2007!!