[pm-h] Perl::Critic

Haufler, Wayne A Wayne.A.Haufler at boeing.com
Wed Nov 15 12:26:37 PST 2006

It seems to me the obvious need and next step would be for that or a
related module to actually modify the analyzed code to implement code
improvements so as to follow selected Best Practices, where possible.

I think that automating several of the Perl Best Practices should be
possible, though certainly not for all of them.

I have not yet encountered such a tool yet, or any discussion of one.
Has anyone here?

Thanks,
Wayne A. Haufler
Senior Software Engineer (SE)
In Space Shuttle Program (SSP)
Backup Flight System (BFS) Tools Group
Boeing, NASA Systems, Houston
E-mail: wayne.a.haufler at boeing.com

(Disclaimer: The comments and opinions expressed are my own and do not
represent the view of  Boeing, United Space Alliance, JSC, or NASA.)