[pm-h] YAPC Sponsorship

Haufler, Wayne A Wayne.A.Haufler at boeing.com
Wed Nov 1 12:02:47 PST 2006

To the Houston Perl Mongers group,

There was some mention in a past posting of putting together a YAPC (Yet
Another Perl Conference) Sponsorship package with information about how
to sponsor and what is expected of a sponsor; that sort of thing.

I have just heard back from my sponsorship queries here at Boeing.
Unfortunately, YAPC sponsorship does not fit the criteria of Community
Relations.  But it turns out that if I can build a good business case,
which would have to involve Houston Boeing's main customer, NASA, then
there is a chance of Boeing sponsorship under Business Development.
Obviously, most any company would want to be able to benefit from
sponsorship.

Thus I must ask if anyone knows if there is any or any potential NASA
involvement in this YAPC conference.  Frankly, I doubt there is, but it
doesn't hurt to ask, unless just raising the topic is somehow wrong.
NASA involvement might mean NASA sponsorship, or key NASA people
involved and/or speaking.  I'd be pleasantly surprised if NASA, except
for a few developers, is even aware of YAPC.

Know about any (potential) involvement of other NASA contractors?

A sponsorship package, with monetary details, would also help build my
case for Boeing sponsorship.

Thanks much,
-- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
Wayne A. Haufler
Senior Software Engineer (SE)
In Space Shuttle Program (SSP)
Backup Flight System (BFS) Tools Group
Boeing, NASA Systems, Houston
Voice: 	281-226-8626 , Cubicle: 1C23
E-mail: wayne.a.haufler at boeing.com
Skills    :  Perl,Unix,C,C++,SQL,QNX,X-Windows

(Disclaimer: The comments and opinions expressed are my own and do not
represent the view of  Boeing, United Space Alliance, JSC, or NASA.)