[pm-h] YAPC -- Houston?

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Thu May 25 13:55:12 PDT 2006

>>> The MetroRail also runs near the museum district and theater
district,
>>> giving things to do outside the conference. I rememeber the
>>
>> That would be better.  I just looked at the UofH-Downtown site and
the
>> room sizes and location are great!  If it's a possibility, there
would
>> be quite a bit of flexibility as far as rooms go (lecture halls,
>> auditorium, conference rooms, etc).  I've been trying to think about
out
>> some "housing" options since they don't have dorms.
>
> Metrorail runs south through the Medical Center. There are several
hotels
> to choose from on the rail line.

Good, I'll try to do some research and get some pricing breakdowns.  Do
you know of any inexpensive accommodations along there close to the
campus?  I know that in the venue requirements, they want to have some
inexpensive, dorm-style housing available.  They mention a hostel, and I
know that Houston has one, but I was going to try to find another
alternative as well.  I believe $55 for on-campus is the lowest rate
(besides the Hostel) for this year's YAPC.

Jeremy