[pm-h] YAPC -- Houston?

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Wed May 24 07:33:43 PDT 2006

> > We would need to evaluate venues for the conference itself and track
> > down some potential sponsors.
>
> Looking back on all of the previous YAPC::NA, it has always been held
> at a university.  As I mentioned to Wade off-list, I looked into the
> University of Houston as an option.  I have contact information for
> those in charge of housing (dorms; as per one of the preferred venue
> requirements) and the University Center complex.  I've also been
> contacted by their Conference Coordinator, Chris Arnold.  I have room
> sizes and prices, but it looks like finding enough of the right size
> rooms may prove difficult.

I also received a copy of the Houston Meeting Planners Guide in the mail
last week.  I haven't had a chance to read through all of it yet, but
it's pretty heavy. ;-)  Besides the venue information, it has a lot of
information that could be used when writing the proposal (attractions,
hotels, transportation, dining, etc.).

Jeremy