[pm-h] YAPC -- Houston?

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Tue May 23 18:38:49 PDT 2006

I've been doing a little research and talking to a few people and it looks
like we could actually pull this off.

If we want to pursue attempting to bring YAPC::NA to Houston, we need some
research and ideas in the next few weeks to a month and some time spent
writing a proposal.

We would need to evaluate venues for the conference itself and track down
some potential sponsors.

It sounds like this could be handled by a handful of people in the early
stages. If YAPC did come here we would probably need more volunteers to help
at the conference with various facilitation and people directing roles.

We also probably want to choose a person to take the lead on the proposal and
organization. Anyone interested?

For those that are interested, should we try to coordinate this stuff on this
list or work through other channels (maybe a separate mailing list)?

For those who are not interested in the workings of the conference, would you
be too bothered if conference business happened on the list and at the regular
meetings?

Always hold a grudge. Keeps the memory sharp.  -- Hagar the Horrible