[pm-h] May presentation is up

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat May 13 07:15:11 PDT 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 07:02:03 -0500 (CDT)
Paul Archer <tigger at io.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > 1. Favorite tools for programming in Perl
> > - IDEs/editors
> > - Debugging tools
> > - Testing tools
> > - Version control tools
> I could talk about Subversion--although it would be a short talk, since the
> basics can be covered in less than an hour, easy.

In addition to the mechanics of using a particular system, I was thinking
about also covering some more 'soft' topics:

 * how it changes/improves development workflow
 * ease of experimentation
 * diff debugging

Some people only use version control when they are going to work in a group.
Covering some of the advantages for an individual developer would be useful.

Also comparing Subversion to other version control systems might be handy.

Gee, have I gone overboard or what?<grin/>

[snip]

That's what I love about GUIs: They make simple tasks easier, and complex
tasks impossible.
           -- John William Chambless, <39v25i$2rbc at whale.st.usm.edu>