[pm-h] A potential "adventure" for the group

Joshua McAdams joshua.mcadams at gmail.com
Wed May 10 21:33:49 PDT 2006

> A couple of days ago, I received email from the leader of the bazosvalley.pm
> group asking if we would be interested in partnering on a big project. Jeremy
> suggested that we put in a proposal for bringing YAPC::NA (Yet Another Perl
> Conference: North America) to Houston in 2007.
>
> This year YAPC::NA is in Chicago. There is quite a bit of information about
> the bid process and Chicago's proposal on-line. If the group is interested,
> I'll post links and information on our website where everyone has access.

I'm helping host this year's YAPC in Chicago and would love to see you
guys put in a bid for Houston next year.  It's been a while since I've
been to town and it would be nice to have an excuse to come back.

As far as hosting the conference, it's really not that bad.  Though
I've had a steady increase in conference workload as the date draws
nearer, it's still not overwhelming and there are only a few of us
heavily involved now... though that is quickly changing as more tasks
keep popping up.

It's definitely worth it and best of all, you don't have to travel to
the conference.... though I still encourage all of you to come up to
YAPC::NA 2006 in Chicago ;)

Josh