[pm-h] Tips and Tricks

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Thu Mar 30 19:51:10 PST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:59:24 -0600 (CST)
Paul Archer <tigger at io.com> wrote:

> 7:45pm, G. Wade Johnson wrote:
>
> > We've had a few suggestions for tips for next month's meeting, but I was
> > really hoping for more.
> >
> > Any other things that you really thnk every Perl programmer should know
> > (and might not).
> >

> Well, there was my tip today about warnings. I wish I had known that a long
> time ago.
>
> And I'm finishing up a log parser for work that I could share. It's got some
>
> fun data-caching tricks and a nice way of parsing only part of a log file.

As I said, we've got a few tricks in from people.

There are a lot of people on this list, I wonder how many of them know one or
two tips that are just what someone else is looking for.

Any takers?

You write code as if the person who will maintain your code is a violent
psychopath who knows where you live.                -- John F. Woods