[pm-h] Deja vu

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Thu Mar 30 19:48:54 PST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:01:30 -0600 (CST)
Paul Archer <tigger at io.com> wrote:

> 7:44pm, G. Wade Johnson wrote:
>
> > As a wonderful example of coincidence in action, Paul brings up the idea
> > of a group project building a Sudoku Solver in Perl. (BTW, Paul, thanks
> > for introducing me to another addiction<shrug/> Even my little boy is
> > getting into them.)
> >
> > Today, I received the Spring 2006 issue of the Perl Review. In it are
> > three articles relating to Sudoku, including both a generator and a
> > solver.
> >
> > We might need to pick another project, I think this one is soon to be done
> > to death. (Unless, of course, we can think of a truly unique way to solve
> > them.)
> >

> Hmmm...randomly populate the tables and then check to see if it's solved?
> That'd be unique. 8-)

The hard part would be getting the algorithm to complete before the computer
evaporates into component atoms.<grin/>

The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness, Impatience, and
Hubris.                                                -- Larry Wall