[pm-h] Last night's meeting

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Wed Mar 15 19:41:54 PST 2006

I believe we have completed the presentations on the Delcom VSI and LibUSB
project for the time being. There will still be development work continuing,
but I think everyone would agree that we've pushed this one a little further
than necessary.

For next month, I'm thinking about something very different. In the months
before this project, we have had a number of sessions on particular modules
and a few on intermediate to advanced Perl topics. Looking back over the
presentations, it seems that we haven't had a more basic talk in a while.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'm going to suggest a talk entitled:

"What every Perl programmer should know"

This will be more of a beginning to intermediate talk with (hopefully) some
audience participation to keep things lively.

In order to do a good job with this, I'd like to ask all of you to post your
recommendations on things every Perl programmer should know. Let's leave this
very open-ended at the moment. We can narrow the topic later if we need to.

Any opinions?

Perl isn't really about safety. It's about getting where you're going, and
enjoying the trip. It's more important to be a good driver than to have
seven feet of sponge rubber all around your car.       -- Larry Wall