[pm-h] Meeting Reminder

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Tue Mar 14 16:16:29 PST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:35:08 -0600
Bill Dillon <dillon1 at houston.oilfield.slb.com> wrote:

> Wade,
>
> I have a meeting conflict tonight, and won't be able to make it (same
> with Jay, I think).
>
> If we do spend time on projects, I think it would be good to also mix in
> some general instruction or talks as well.

That's one vote for a mix. Any others?

> Have we talked about building GUIs in Perl, using Tk?  Might be interesting.

We had a talk in September, 2004 on the basics of GUI development with
Perl/Tk. We had been talking about a more advanced talk comparing different
GUI toolkits, but that one has been stalled for a few months.

> Even having something as light as top-ten Perl web-sites might be of
> interest.  How about demos of favorite code editors?

More good ideas.

Thanks, Bill.

How about the rest of the group, any opinions for topics between projects or
instead of projects?

A 'language' is a dialect with an army.