[pm-h] YAPC::Houston proposal

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 27 08:25:42 PDT 2006

Thanks Wade.  Thanks to Will too for getting the wiki setup.  And thanks to you, as well.  I'm in Chicago at this year's YAPC right now.  They've posted a section their wiki about 'Suggestions for Next Year'.  I don't know how much of it will help with our proposal, but it will surely help once we win the bid.  I went to a 'Hosting Next Year's YAPC' group session yesterday.  It was good since it gave me a chance to meet the previous (and current) hosts and let them know that we're interested in submitting a proposal.  We have about a month to get a proposal written up and submitted.  I'll try to start working on some of the 'fiscal' aspects of the proposal.  I'm not budget genius, so if anyone else has an interest, let me know.  I think the main thing on the fiscal end is to be as thorough as possible.  We need to show that we've done our research.

I hope to make it to the July meeting there so I can have a chance to meet everyone.

Thanks again to everyone that has been helping out.

Jeremy