[pm-h] YAPC venue contacts

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Wed Jun 14 07:32:19 PDT 2006

I've decided that we might need to consider having a PR person (or two)
for interacting with possibly conference venue staff, hotel staff, and
anyone else that we may need to be contacting.  I've made contact with
Janet Heitmiller, Director of Community Relations & Conferences at the
University of Houston Downtown (Heitmillerj at uhd.edu), but decided that
someone with better social skills than me may better serve the role.
Or, maybe we can designate someone to be 'our' contact person for
various aspects of the proposal.  Something such as having a person or
two be the contact for hotel information, a person or two be the contact
for venue possibilities, etc.  Or have a mix-and-match of the following:

* Hotels and accommodations

* Venue(s) (includes conference facilities, on-campus housing options,
on-campus dining, etc.)

* Houston promoter in general (answers the question, Why Houston?)

* Sponsorship

* Discounts (including airfare, hotels, restaurants, etc.)

Or maybe we continue like it is and just have people make contact when
needed.  Thoughts?

Jeremy