[pm-h] FW: [yapc] Can you make YAPC::NA happen next year?

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:26:58 PDT 2006

August 1st is just around the corner!

I'll try to send out an e-mail tonight or tomorrow listing what we have
left to do.  I'll be out of town the 28-30th, so I hope for us to have
the document finished before then.  Or, at least to a point where the
document itself just needs to be reviewed and revised.

I need someone (or a few people) to try and get some information from
our possible venues:

 - Rice University
 - University of Houston Downtown
 - University of Houston (as a failsafe)
 - (possibly) The University of Texas, Health Science Center at Houston
(haven't been able to make contact yet)

The information needed includes:
 - Foodservice pricing (campus catering, etc.)
    * Meals for attendees (breakfast x 3, lunch x 3, supper x 1)
    * Snacks for conference (coffee, juices, water, fruits, etc)
 - Audio/Visual equipment for conference rooms
    * I at least need a price sheet
 - Pricing and capacity for conference rooms
 - Pricing for dormitory rooms (41% of attendees stayed in dorms this
year)
 - A contact person for the venue that can answer questions or point us
to the right person

I have the information for some of the venues, so if you would like to
take a venue, let me know and I'll send you what information I have on
it.

Thanks,
Jeremy